Takeaway.com And Carrefour Extend Their Partnership In Belgium

Takeaway.com And Carrefour Extend Their Partnership In Belgium

Following a successful pilot program in Brussels, Takeaway.com is broadening its horizons by extending its grocery delivery service in collaboration with Carrefour Belgium, one of the nation’s leading supermarket chains. Beginning this week, residents of Antwerp, Brussels, Genk, Ghent, Hasselt, and Liège can enjoy the convenience of grocery deliveries facilitated by 25 Carrefour Market and Express stores. Moreover, additional points of sale are slated to join the initiative later this year. In each participating store, customers can take their pick from an extensive selection of over 1,000 products, ranging from fresh produce to household essentials, all available for ordering through Takeaway.com.

This strategic partnership between Takeaway.com and Carrefour Belgium is a natural extension of Carrefour’s commitment to providing diverse and flexible solutions to cater to its customers’ distinct needs. As Jan Pollier, Director of Digital & E-commerce at Carrefour Belgium, explains, “In addition to our physical stores, which cater to various customer requirements through our Hyper, Market, and Express formats, we also offer a range of online services. Carrefour Drive enables in-store collection, Carrefour Delivery facilitates home delivery for a wide array of groceries, and Quick Commerce ensures speedy home deliveries. It is within this framework that our collaboration with Takeaway.com is positioned.” He further adds, “Our goal is to offer an extensive array of products in each store, spanning fresh items such as meat, fish, and vegetables, to personal care and household maintenance products. Customers can choose from over 1,000 items, with approximately 90% being food products and the remaining 10% encompassing other essential items.”

Takeaway.com, a trailblazer in the meal delivery platform space in Belgium, has been serving the market for over 15 years. The company is excited to solidify its partnership with Carrefour Belgium, building upon the success of a test project conducted in Brussels. The commitment to choice and convenience is at the heart of this initiative, as expressed by a representative from Takeaway.com, who noted, “We are dedicated to offering choice and convenience to our customers, and we firmly believe that grocery delivery is a valuable complement to the services we provide. This expansion allows customers throughout Belgium to order a wide range of products through our platform, with deliveries handled by our dedicated brand ambassadors.”

This collaborative endeavor is set to redefine the grocery shopping experience in multiple Belgian cities, offering a comprehensive assortment of essential products with the ease of online ordering.

Delivery Hero-owned Baemin to exit Vietnam in December Author: Borys Gitelman
Uber Shuts Down Instant Delivery In NYC Author: Borys Gitelman
Swiggy gears up for $1 billion IPO, SoftBank may sell stake Author: Borys Gitelman
The EU Wants to Fix Gig Work, but Uber Has Its Own Ideas Author: Borys Gitelman
Just Eat Growth Momentum Stalls In Ireland Author: Borys Gitelman
Amazon to sell Hyundai vehicles online starting in 2024 Author: Borys Gitelman
Britain’s Ocado secures first deal beyond grocery retail Author: Borys Gitelman
Amazon Expands Grocery Delivery to Non-Prime Members Author: Borys Gitelman
Bolt Food to exit Nigerian food delivery market by December Author: Borys Gitelman